Type of Position: Casual
Rate of Pay: As per experience, according to the Fitness Industry Award
Position Objective: The role of a Learn to Swim & Water Safety Instructor is to deliver the Macksville Memorial Aquatic and Fitness Centre (MMAFC) water education program (known as First Splashes) as per policies and procedures. This includes providing a duty of care to learners; and responding to learner or parent/guardian enquiries regarding progress and general information about the First Splashes education pathway.
The major accountability of the role is to maintain comprehensive knowledge of teaching and water safety providing a positive, supportive, and safe learning environment for all swimming and water safety program participants.
• Apply lesson plans for each session.
• Deliver classes as per class times and the centre’s program.
• Help to set up and pack away teaching equipment for each session
• Complete all administration for each lesson as per procedures
• Assist with an in-house marketing campaigns and strategies that may be employed periodically
Professional Development and Technical Competence
• Take personal responsibility for professional competence by participating in relevant technical training as required.
• Maintain relevant qualifications
• Take personal responsibility for professional development by participating proactively in all training and coaching sessions as requested.
• Maintain a professional approach by adhering to the workplace values and teamwork philosophy of the First Splashes learn to swim program.
• Participate fully in all staff meetings by providing information as requested
• Communicate and interact in a professional manner with customers, parents, children and team members at all times.
• Maintain a standard of dress that is in keeping with the industry and expectations of the facility.
• Ensure the safety of all participants at all times
• At all times keep all communal and personal work areas clean and tidy.
• Follow all policies and procedures of the MMAFC and the First Splashes learn to swim program.
• Complete other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
The following qualifications and experience are required for the position:
• Teacher of Swimming / Swim Instructor qualification (either AUSTSWIM or SWIM AUSTRALIA)
• CPR certification.
• Working with Children Check
• Ability to identify issues and problem solve accordingly.
The following qualifications and experience are desirable for the position:
• AUSTSWIM or SWIM AUSTRALIA qualifications in one or more of the below areas;
- Access and Inclusion
- Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- Competitive Strokes
• Pool Life Guard Certificate
• Experience in a similar role
• Experience in Occupational Health & Safety standards
How to Apply
• Applications Close: When positions are filled