Hydrotherapy is basically "Water Therapy" where the buoyancy, resistance and warmth of the water are all used in a positive manner to maximise the physical and mental benefits to the participant.
Our indoor pool is contsistently heated to 31 degress all-year-round. Which is great for those wishing to benefit from hydrotherapy.
There are many physical benefits from participation in hydrotherapy. These include:
- Increased aerobic fitness
- Increased muscular strength
- Relief of muscular tension
- Decreased pain and muscular tension
- Functional retraining for work
In addition to the physical, do not forget the psychological benefits below:
- Relaxation due to warmth and weightlessness
- Increased feeling of health and wellbeing
- Increased self confidence
- Improved mood through positive interaction with other participants
Should you wish to be guided and to participate in structured hydrotherapy classes. Please ask one of our friendly Staff.
Althought the facility does not directly delivery hydrotherapy services (we just supply the pool), Staff welcome all enquiries and will be happy to provide contact details for the physiotherapits and movement specialists that deliver hydrotherapy services via our facility.